Minnesota is a prosperous state and has alot to offer! Behind Alaska, Minnesota is the second northernmost state and it ranks as the 12th largest state area wise. The Land of 10,000 Lakes is no exaggeration. In fact there are 11,842 lakes that are 10+ acres in size. The only state with more lakes is Alaska which contains 3.5 million lakes that are 20 acres or larger. In Minnesota there are also 6,564 natural rivers and streams that traverse a total of 69,000 miles. Minnesota consists of 87 counties, 71 state parks, 53 state forests, and many other wildlife preserves and regional parks. Over half of Minnesota's 5 million people live in the Twin Cities metopolitan area making much of Greater (Northern) Minnesota uninhabited. To put it all in perpective, if you like fresh air and a variety of outdoor activities Minnesota is the place for you!
Source: State Demogrphics Office (2006)
- 2nd healthiest state to live in the U.S.
- 1st in women labor force participation
- 2nd in home owner ship
- 2nd in United Health Foundation ranking of state healthiness
- 2nd in highest percentage with at least a high school diploma
- 2nd lowest poverty rate among 50 states
- 4th highest percentage with health insurance
- 4th in men labor force participation
- 8th in family median income
- 9th highest percentage with college diploma
- 15th in family median income more than $150,000 income